Call For Papers
“Ambient Intelligence” refers to the ambient environment containing ICTs to realize a smart city. Ambient intelligence is based on various ICT related technologies, such as sensors, networks, pervasive computing, artificial intelligence, and so on. In ambient intelligence sensing environments and obtaining data about them are essential tasks. Sensed data are locally processed and/or transmitted to the place, “Cognition” where useful information is extracted from the transmitted data. Sensing environments and transmitting the sensed data are referred to as IoT or sensor network, depending on where we talk about them. The sensed data are often referred to as big data. Based on the information extracted from the collected sensed data, ambient intelligence adaptively changes the environments and/or presenting the useful information to enhance and/or assist human activities, that is, to realize smart city.
Toward future generation, it is important to realize a smart city based on ambient intelligence. From this point of view, we plan to hold a workshop about “Smart City based on Ambient Intelligence.”
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the followings:
Ubiquitous sensing and actuation technologies
- Space sensing, vital sensing, mobile sensing, ambient interface, device and appliance technologies, embedded software, sensing and control theory.
Ad-hoc, mesh, and sensor networks
- MAC/routing protocols, QoS control, multi-hop and cooperative communication, security, cross layer design, energy harvesting, green wireless, communication and network theory.
- Sensor database, context extraction, mining, location-information technology, stream processing, privacy and security, big data, learning signal processing.
- Large scale widening, dependability, IoT, M2M, cyber physical, operation management, autonomous distributed control.
Interdisciplinary system applications
- Agriculture, forestry and fishery support systems, disaster prevention and mitigation system, smart space, medical and health systems, industrial support system, social infrastructure system, wide area sensing system.
Submission requirements: maximum 5 pages
Papers should follow the IEEE conference template: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
Web site of paper submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rtcsa2018 (Although this link looks RTCSA2018’s submission page, it is actually Workshop on Smart City based on Ambient Intelligence’s submission form.)
Kentaroh Toyoda, Keio University, Japan. firstname.lastname@example.org